There's so much on my mind at times that I tend to forget unless I write things down. So I present what amounts to a plethora of random junk that I will, at some point, embellish. Some of this is old and outdated.
- Pretty useful cheat sheets.
- A great Linux distro timeline that completely eclipses the Windows timeline. Why the hell are you still using Windows?! Might I recommend Linux Mint (or if you wish, Ubuntu) as a nice beginner's Linux distribution.
- The Mind Reader is a fairly interesting and entertaining puzzle. Can you figure it out?
- Anagrams are very interesting things. For example, take the phrase "ELEVEN PLUS TWO." The letters can be rearranged to form the phrase "TWELVE PLUS ONE." Ironically, this is mathematically correct. There are many other interesting anagrams.
- I think one day I will invent a new computer language that will be very good at preventing memory leaks, excel at garbage collection, and will repel just about any wet-backed programmer out there. I believe I'll call it
Teflon. Hey, that's actually not a bad idea; I claim rights to this idea! Copyright (c) 2007-2020, Jean Gourd.
- One day, I will propose a new electronic gadget perfect for the iGen (that's the Internet generation for you old fogeys; you know, the folks who absolutely cannot be spotted without their cell phone or the latest iPod, iRiver, or iWhatever). I will call this device the iCan ®, for "I can do any damn thing I want on this machine. I can check my email, I can browse the Web, I can make a phone call, I can plan my day, I can order a pizza and a nice cappuccino, I can make an entry on wikipedia, and I can even use it to send text messages while I sit in a dark movie theater." Perhaps iCan* ® is more appropriate as it implies anything following the iCan ®. For example, maybe one version could be marketed as the iCanbeat the living crap out of the idiots who text message in a movie theater ® or maybe even the iCanslap some sense in the total buffoons who spend more time talking on their cell phone than breathing ®. Hrmmm, I will have to reserve one of each for myself...
Perhaps you can think of something else